Our client is a mid-tier firm with 7 partners based in St Albans who are looking to grow and expand their firm and move into the top 100 accountancy firms list.
As a Corporate Tax Senior Manager/Director, you will work with entrepreneurial and owner-managed businesses as well as the firm’s larger corporate clients to deliver advise on a wide range of corporate tax issues. Reporting directly to the Tax Partner, you will work with all partners and other senior team members throughout the firm to identify corporate tax opportunities for clients. You will be involved in a broad range of activities and events designed to communicate the firm’s brand, identify new business opportunities and win new clients.
- Supporting the growth of the practice;
- Overseeing the corporate tax compliance team;
- Administering company re-organisations and mergers;
- Conducting tax clearance procedures
- Providing EIS, CGT – especially Entrepreneur’s Relief, and group tax planning;
- Sharing valuations;
- Offering EMI share option schemes;
- Working with capital allowances claims, research and development claims;
- Handling company purchase of own shares;
- Dealing with incorporations;
- Handling loan relationships;
- Managing cross-border taxation;
- Running project and budget management including regular client communication, accurate budgeting, cost control, billing and collection;
- Presenting technical and non-technical materials to accounting and tax professionals, clients and contacts.
- Must be CTA qualified;
- ACA, ACCA and CA qualifications, desirable;
- Demonstrable experience of working in a professional services practice;
- A tax specialist;
- Background in a mid-tier or a Big Four firm;
- Technical advisory and tax planning capabilities;
- Ability to explain tax issues in a non-technical manner both verbally and in writing;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be in touch to discuss how we can help.
Kingsley Hamilton People is an equal opportunities employer.