Our client is a well-reputed, high street firm boasting multiple offices across North London. They are looking for an experienced and ambitious solicitor who specialises in Lease Extensions and Lease Enfranchisements to join their team.
As a Landlord and Tenant Litigation Solicitor, you will have a wide-range of responsibilities. You will be managing your own caseload of clients, which includes everything from handling day-to-day communication with clients to drawing up estimates and contracts, producing reports and providing comprehensive legal advice. You will also be expected to achieve individual financial targets and help maximise the firms potential.
- Handling a full caseload of defendant landlord & tenant and debt litigation matters. This includes but is not limited to possession claims, assured short-hold tenancies, enforcement of covenants, landlords consents, enfranchisement/lease extensions and removal of squatters;
- Managing day-to-day contact with clients, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Providing clients with comprehensive legal advice in line with the standards of the Law Society, Lexcel and Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- Researching documentation and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures;
- Providing written, telephone and office costs estimates to prospective clients with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested;
- Delivering timely and accurate legal advice to potential clients and reports of all cases to current clients;
- Completing daily timesheets and providing monthly reports of all cases;
- Drawing up contracts and other legal documentation;
- Instructing advocates to attend hearings and fully briefing them prior to it.
- Attending hearings as an advocate;
- Ensuring that billings take place promptly and any outstanding balances are collected as soon as practicable;
- Achieving all individual financial costs targets;
- Maximising the firm’s potential to cross-sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Landlord and Tenant matters is essential;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Lease Extensions & Lease Enfranchisements is essential;
- Law degree (or equivalent GDL degree)
- Able to take initiative and manage a caseload of contentious matters with minimal supervision.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this Landlord and Tenant Litigation Solicitor role, we want to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, and we’ll be in touch to discuss how we can help.
Kingsley Hamilton People is an equal opportunities employer.